Friday, October 31, 2008

Love Your Enemies

in·sult [ in súlt ]: 1. transitive and intransitive verb be offensive to somebody: to say or do something rude or insensitive that offends somebody.

Sigh. You know that wrenching feeling you get when someone insults you in front your own face, or that feeling you get when you know someones talking behind your back? It's a terrible feeling..... I just had one today in fact, and it made me think. Getting insulted is one of the worst feelings you can ever experience. I won't lie, I've talked about people behind their backs ( Pray for me).
When I was about 8 years old, my mom signed my brother and I up for a basketball class at the local community center. I was not that great at basketball. I was paired up with a very experienced partner. After the class, I went up to the coach to ask him something.... Just when I was about to say something, my partner interrupted and asked " Coach, can you not pair me up with her? She stinks at basketball." That didn't exactly make my day..... The next time you feel like wanting to curse someone to eternal life deep down under... Remember, don't say something about that person unless your willing to say it to their face.

But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
- Matt 5:44
There was a person I really dislike for no apparent reason, she was not a christian. After much prayer and help from God, I finally invited her to Church. Now she's about to get baptised. God is a God of miraculous powers. I love you God. Please pray for me, for I am guilty of insulting, and I need help.

P.S. I think that was the first serious blog post i've ever written.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

Mmm.
:-/
Thanks for the reminder. I shall be praying for you!

Rady said...

::HUG!!:: I will keep you in my prayers. That is a struggle everyone has throughout their lives, but it's good to think about it so you can snap the cycle when you're tempted to fall back. Stay strong, Joycelyn! ^_^

(Oh did I tell you, this is Laura? LOL..)

Gabriel said...

Yay for serious posts! I want to see more. =] I'm right down the freaking hall!! Why do I have to post a comment?! Jeez... =D Love you.

MK Reynolds said...

oh, good post Joycelyn...
praying!

Calvin said...

Very amazing post!
:) Good reminder....